Welcome to another Colour Challenge Kickoff! I don’t really have time to be doing Challenge #36, but this colour combination was so unusual and appealing, I just had to give it a try. I’ve used one of the pictures as direct inspiration:
I would have never thought to combine Crushed Curry with any sort of Gray or silver . . . but here we go!
I loved that look of a vintage background with the silver embossing, so recreated it here for my project. The images are from the Very Vintage stamp set, one of my favorites in this year’s book. So how did I do that background?
- First I stamped the Crushed Curry cardstock with the large flower also in Crushed Curry ink.
- Next, sprinkle with the yellow Brusho.
- Wet the paper with a spritzer filled with water and four drops of Soft Suede ink (use the drops of ink from the ink refills) and let the Brusho spread.
- Let dry thoroughly and then stamp again with the large flower and the Crushed Curry ink, this time stamping off first for a softer look.
- Ink around the edges with Soft Suede.
The label is watercolour washed in Soft Suede and then stamped in Basic Gray. All the images are from the Very Vintage stamp set.
Like I said, I would have never put these colours together without the inspiration from this challenge group, but I love this! Give this colour combination a try and post on the Colour Inkspiration page! (At least join the group to see all the gorgeous creations!) We’d love to have you participate.
Supply list below. Enjoy the hop! Next stop: Narelle Farrugia!