You may have just joined me from Karina Chin’s beautiful blog!
As many of you have seen and heard, we had a fabulous time in Hawaii and I am so very grateful for the opportunity to have attended. We had a Blog Hop before we went, and all of us decided we wanted to do another using our nightly pillow gifts as inspiration. Fun!
The stamp set is one you can order as of Tuesday! (2 June) called Friendly Wishes – a nice big stamp set with lots options to go inside the card as well.
My inspiration was this little Hawaiian purse we were given on the second night; I’ve used this as a colour inspiration, coupled with the new Melon Mambo ribbon I won as a prize on the trip.
The background is created on Watercolour Paper:
1. Wet the WAtercolour Paper thoroughly
2. Spritz with mixtures of water and ink refills (Melon Mambo, Rose Red, Soft Suede, and SAhara Sand used)
3. Spritz again with a spritzer filled with plain Isopropyl Alcohol for the splatter look
This creates your base colour, and certainly no two will be the same!
The Bokeh part of the project is actually the white circles. This is super easy:
1. Use a template or create your own by punching various circles out of scrap cardboard
2. Sponge Whisper White ink through the template, making sure to overlap the circles
How easy is that?
On the pink one above, I left it as is. On the more brown version, I took it one more step and heat embossed with the Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. I like the contrast of a murky background with sparkle.
Thanks for joining me and I hope you’ve enjoyed your stop!
Please visit Lynsay Mahon on your travels next!
Blog hop list
1. Louise Sharp
6. Dena Rekow
10. Marelle Taylor
11. Betty Button
12. Connie Babbert
13. Ann Craig
14. Kim Gavarra
15. Renee Kohnke
16. BJ Peters
17. Alisa Tilsner
18. Alison Solven
19. Kelly Acheson
20. Linda Higgins
21. Karina Chin
22. Jacque Williams
23. Lynsay Mahon
24. Georgia Giguere
25. Laura Milligan
26. Vanessa Webb
27. Cynthia Millan
28. Genevieve Ko
29. Janet Wakeland