The Welcoming Woods stamp set is a personal favorite (I love all things trees and leaves), and today’s share is an easy Emboss Resist idea:
How to Emboss Resist
- Stamp Your Image with Versamark
- Cover in Embossing Powder. Shake off the excess.
- Heat Embossing Powder with a Heat Tool until melted.
- Add waterbased ink with a Water Painter or a Blending Brush over the image. The embossing will resist the ink.
- Once you’re happy with the inking, wipe any excess ink from the embossed image with a tissue.
Try this technique in other colors, too!
I made this one in the video below, and I just love these more sunset colors, as requested by my viewers. I’ve added a gold bird for this one to compliment the rich colour scheme.
For this version, I’ve used Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green, two of my favorite colors together. In fact, most of my house is some version of these two colors. Add a splash of Polished Pink for a bit of pop.
Click here for a complete supply list for this project for printing, shopping, or saving. Change up the ink colors to suit. The Welcoming Woods stamp set is on the Last Chance list (and on discount!), so while stocks last.
Please also enjoy this short video showcasing more projects and ideas with the Welcoming Woods stamp set. I hope you enjoy! Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more!
Thanks so much for stopping by my stamping studio today! ~ Jacque Williams