Hi friends! And a big Happy Mother’s Day to all women and to all dads going at it alone. It’s wonderful as a parent to be appreciated. I received a lovely, heartfelt letter from my middle daughter, Kjirsti. It’s moments like those that make it all so rewarding.
Today’s share is a Tarnished Foil technique project – one technique that I’ve wanted to try for a while. This is a great one for cards for the guys, but, as you can see here, it also makes a super background for a more vintage look:
This technique is reasonably easy to achieve. The key is to start with our fabulous Silver Foil cardstock.
- Emboss with the Woodlands Embossing Folder. I’ve seen it with the trees coming “out” as above and with the trees going “in” and actually, either looks great!
- Rub lightly with a black Staz-On pad
- Tap lightly with a Versamark and use Silver Embossing Powder over the top. Heat.
- Tap lightly with a Versamark and use Copper Embossing Powder over the top. Heat.
- Rub lightly with a black Staz-On pad.
Sadly, both the butterfly images and the two coordinating punches are being discontinued. Both winners! Please be sure to check out the Retiring List and the Clearance Rack.
I have layered the butterflies on top of the gorgeous background without any further embellishment. I thought it best to let the background speak for itself.
I will be teaching this project in my classes in May; I’d love to have you along! Please see my Calendar Page for a class nearest to you. I’d also be happy to schedule a regular or one-off class with you and your friends!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you’ve had a wonderful weekend!
P.S. The new Annual Catalogue is live 1 June! Come to a class in May or message me to receive your copy!